What is eCHIEF Mobile?
eCHIEF Mobile Banking is a free service that allows anyone with a Blackhawk Bank & Trust banking account to access their accounts from a cell phone or mobile device. You can check account balances, review recent account activity and transfer money between accounts 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
eCHIEF Mobile offers three ways to access your accounts:
- Mobile Text Messaging- send us a text message and we will text you back with your requested account information (no smart phone required).
- Mobile Web Browser- use your mobile phone browser to access the Blackhawk Bank & Trust eCHIEF mobile site.
- Mobile App- download our free app for your iPhone®, AndroidTM, or Blackberry® smart phone.
What functions can I perform from my mobile device?
- Locate branch offices
- Locate ATMs
- View transaction history
- View pending transactions
- View account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make loan payments or advances
Can I use any mobile device to access my accounts?
Yes, you can use any mobile device that is web-enabled and allows secure SSL traffic. However, SMS text messages will be sent to the cell phone number you registered in the eCHIEF Internet banking system.
Do I use the same Access ID and Password as my eCHIEF Internet Banking account?
Yes, use the same Access ID and password as you do for eCHIEF Internet Banking to access your mobile accounts.
Are there fees for the mobile banking service?
Blackhawk Bank & Trust does not charge you a fee to use or access our mobile banking service. You should contact your mobile provider for information about fees associated with sending or receiving text messages or accessing the Internet from your mobile device.
Can I schedule recurring transfers and bill payments using mobile banking?
At this time, only one-time, immediate transfers are available with eCHIEF Mobile Banking. Bill Payment is an option that will be available at a later date.
How late in the day can I make a transfer?
Transfers can be made at any time. However, please note the transfer cut-off time is 4 p.m. Central Time during regular banking days, which excludes Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays. Any transfer made after 4 p.m. Central time will be processed on the next business day.
How do I know if my transfer was entered successfully?
A confirmation number will appear on your screen after you verify the transfer amount and accounts to be transferred to and from.
How do I securely end my mobile banking browser session?
Select the "logout" button on your smart phone to logout of mobile banking, then close your browser through your mobile device browsing options. Closing your browser will securely end your mobile banking login session.
What if I can't get my mobile device to work with Internet Banking?
Verify the following:
- Your mobile device must be web-enabled (contact your mobile provider).
- Your mobile network must allow secure SSL traffic (contact your mobile provider).
- You must first enroll in mobile banking through the eCHIEF Internet Banking system before you can gain access.
What happens if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
Blackhawk Bank & Trust will never send full account numbers or other personal information through eCHIEF Mobile banking. If your mobile device is lost or stolen, no one can access your account without knowing your unique password.
If your mobile device is either lost or stolen:
- Report it immediately to your mobile carrier.
- Immediately log on to your eCHIEF Internet Banking account from your computer and delete the lost or stolen mobile number from your mobile settings.
- If you can't get to online banking, immediately call Blackhawk Bank & Trust at 309-787-7567 to delete your mobile phone number from your mobile settings.
My mobile phone number has changed. What do I need to do to keep my access to eCHIEF Mobile banking?
If your mobile phone number has changed, it is important that you update your mobile phone number in your mobile banking profile. Simply log in to the online banking and click: User Options > Mobile Banking Profile > Edit > then select "My Phones". A drop down menu will be visible on the same line as your phone number. Select "change phone number" from the drop down menu and proceed with updating your information.
What if I no longer want to be a mobile banking user?
Log in to the eCHIEF Internet Banking site and select User Options > Mobile Banking Profile. In the My Phones section, select the drop down menu on the same line as the phone number you would like to disable. Select "change mobile banking services" or "stop using this phone for mobile banking".
Is it safe to use Wi-Fi?
When doing something sensitive on your mobile device or PC, like checking a bank account balance or making a payment, don't use the free Wi-Fi in a coffee shop or other access points. Use your password-protected Wi-Fi at home to safeguard your account.
Is mobile banking secure?
Blackhawk Bank & Trust is very concerned with the safety and privacy of your information and committed to security. To ensure the security of your account information, a number of security features have been built in to the Blackhawk Bank & Trust mobile product.
- Secure Registration Process - SMS verification is required to verify your mobile device phone number. When you enroll for mobile banking, you will be asked to reply to a verification message in order to complete your enrollment. This process associates your mobile phone number with your account. In addition to the security measure, this verification lets you know your mobile device's phone number was successfully entered into the system.
- No Identifiable Information- Blackhawk Bank & Trust will never transmit your full account numbers during your mobile banking transactions. Your account numbers will appear truncated on your mobile device screen and in your mobile text banking replies. Blackhawk Bank & Trust eCHIEF mobile uses advanced encryption technology to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
- Authenticated Login- Blackhawk Bank & Trust mobile banking uses the same security as our eCHIEF Internet Banking system. In addition to entering your unique password, your personal security image and pass phrase will appear on the screen.
What should I do if I receive a message that says, "This phone has been locked from Mobile Banking."?
Like our eCHIEF Internet Banking, if the system cannot validate the user, the account access will be locked. A common reason for this is the incorrect entering of a password three or more times. Simply call us at (309) 787-7567 during regular business hours and we will unlock your eCHIEF Mobile account.