Here are some helpful tips to make sure your passwords remain secure for the upcoming year:
- Use a different password for every account and device you have.
- Never share your passwords with anyone else.
- Do not use easy-to-guess phrases in your password.
- Do not use public computers to log in to your work or bank accounts.
- Be careful of websites that require you to answer personal questions.
- Always use stronger methods of password authentication.
- If you are no longer using an account, make sure to close, delete, or disable it.
These tips were provided by the SANS Securing the Human newsletter.