At the direction of Gov. J.B. Pritzker (see announcement here), our branch lobbies will continue with the temporary suspension of face-to-face transactions and will continue conducting business by drive-thru banking only. Banking services will continue to be available to you at all branch locations, with the exception of our walk-in only downtown Milan Main Bank. All transactions for that location have been moved to the FastBank across the street.
All drive-thrus will continue to be open during regular business hours, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to Noon, Saturday. The drive-thrus will be able to offer most face-to-face banking services you receive through the branch.
Appointments can be made for access to your safe deposit box or other banking services which require face-to-face transactions.
At Blackhawk Bank & Trust, our employee, customer and community welfare is important to us. As the days progress with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are responding with increased caution while striving to provide the service you are accustomed to.
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 we are temporarily suspending face-to-face transactions and conducting business by drive-thru banking only.
All drive-thrus will be open during regular business hours, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to Noon, Saturday. The drive-thrus will be able to offer most face-to-face banking services you receive through the branch.
The downtown Milan, Main Bank offices will be closed to face-to-face visits during this time. Any customer needing services at that branch are welcome to use the FastBank drive-thru lanes or any other branch location.
At Blackhawk Bank & Trust, our employee, customer and community welfare is important to us. As you may be aware, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic. This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. We feel it is critical to let you know about the proactive steps Blackhawk Bank & Trust is taking to keep employees/customers safe and share information with you to help protect yourself.
- Hand-sanitizer in frequents use and all public spaces within Blackhawk Bank & Trust branches and buildings are being cleaned regularly, including cleaning the ATMs, units and tubes at the drive thru.
- Employees have been provided with current information from the CDC on how to stay healthy and how to avoid illness through hygiene practices. Employees are instructed to stay home when they are not feeling well.
- We have assembled a cross-functional team to meet frequently to review, monitor and adjust operations as the situation changes to ensure continuation of critical business functions.
- For customers, we recommend the following:
- We encourage you to use online banking and mobile banking options for your everyday banking needs. Our customer service and eBanking teams are able to help you activate (or help you use) your digital banking services, by calling: (309) 787-9575.
- If you are not feeling well, we encourage you to avoid unnecessary trips to the bank. If you need assistance with a banking issue, please call any customer service representative, or to be directed to a specific department, call (309) 787-4451.
- Please make sure your mobile phone number, email address and mobile banking alerts are up-to-date for all of your accounts. This will also help if we have to contact you quickly about your account. Call (309) 787-4451 for assistance updating this information. Note: Additional security questions will be asked to make changes.
- As you conduct transactions at ATMs, at payment terminals (using your payment cards) or when using cash, it is recommended that you should avoid touching your face (eyes/nose/mouth) after completing a transaction and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as you would after being in any public space. Sanitize your payment cards and mobile phone regularly.
- Please remember that it has been reported that coronavirus is transmittable through surfaces, including paper money, that have been handled by an infected person. It is possible that viruses can stay on surfaces for at least 10 days. We encourage you to increase your use of Debit and Credit cards for payments to avoid potentially increased exposure to the Corona Virus from cash instruments.