What does Blackhawk Bank & Trust do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number and income
- Account balances and transaction or history
- Credit history and credit score
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Blackhawk Bank & Trust chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Personal information Blackhawk Bank & Trust shares and does not share
Personal information Blackhawk Bank & Trust shares and the reasons why
- For our everyday business purpose - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
Personal information Blackhawk Bank & Trust does NOT share
- Joint marketing with other financial companies
- Our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions & experiences
- Our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Non-affiliates to market you
How does Blackhawk Bank & Trust protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Blackhawk Bank & Trust has procedures in place that limit employee access to personal identifiable information to those employees with a business reason to know such information about you.
How does Blackhawk Bank & Trust collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account OR apply for a loan
- Pay your bills OR use your debit or credit card
- Make deposits or withdrawals from your account
We may also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing or affiliate' everyday business purpose - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional right to limit sharing.
Affiliates - Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies
- Blackhawk Bank & Trust does not share with our affiliates.
Non-affiliates - Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Blackhawk Bank & Trust does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
Joint marketing - A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include our investment and insurance services provider.
Other important information
Sometimes it is necessary to provide personal identifiable information about you to a party outside our affiliated banks and companies, such as to a vendor or service company that we hire to prepare your account statement or to provide support or services for one or more of our products. These vendors and service companies agree to safeguard our confidential information about you and your products and services with us and must abide by applicable law.
Call 309-787-4451 or go to www.ChoosetheChief.com
Who we are & who is providing this notice?
Blackhawk Bank & Trust
301 4th Street West, Milan, IL 61264