LICENSE PLATE RENEWALS
Enjoy the convenience of renewing your Illinois vehicle registration at a Blackhawk Bank & Trust branch near you.
Renewing your license plate sticker is quick and simple.
- Get your sticker instantly!
- No delays waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
- Avoid fines for an expired registration.
What you will need:
- VIN number and/or registration ID
- License plate number
- Current registration expiration date
- Checks or Debit Card payments are accepted from current customers. Cash payment is required from all non-customers.
- Registration renewal fee and processing fee will be due at time of purchase. Late fees assessed by Illinois Secretary of State may apply.
Helpful Information About Potentially Defective Plates:
The State of Illinois Secretary of State has encountered a number of defective license plates in which the protective coating has the potential to wear prematurely. These plates are being replaced under the manufacturer’s warranty and at no cost to you.
- Beginning in January 2017, and over a 10-year period, Illinois Secretary of State will replace the oldest license plates with newly designed plates at no additional cost to Illinois taxpayers.
- Upon renewal, the vehicle registration will print on a yellow sticker with a “T” on it to affix to the rear license plate of the vehicle. Within 60 days, vehicle owners will receive the newly designed plates in the mail with a new registration sticker already affixed to the rear license plate.
- Vehicle owners will be notified by mail if they qualify for the new license plates. (Generally this means vehicle plates manufactured prior to March 1, 2004).
Please contact us with questions on our licensing services.